Monday, July 23, 2007

Day 143 and 144

MINI CHALLENGE - food ! ! (glorious food...)
This weeks mini challenge comes from a suggestions from my good friend Jess. (She is also starting a very interesting mini challenge on her family blog - G Units). The main rule is that it must food that I am consuming on the day.

Photo #144

Food #1 - pink grapefruit. Wanted to try one.. different... think I'll stick to having it in a Cruiser.


Image #143


I wanted to create my own 'pattern'. My friend Carly and I are starting a project together which will lead to an exhibition. She is a print maker and we share a love of patterns... think vintage wallpaper, wrapping paper, fabric, scrapping paper.. etc. and something like the above. The pattern was.. yes.. created in photoshop but uses my photos of a succulent and a coffee cup. I have done similar work in a past post. It also ties in a little with the theme for the project and thats what inspired me to create this. It is to do with a woman's domestic environment, in particular rural women. I can imagine a 1930's - 1940's fabric version of this, although it'd be quite different images (like Marge's corn curtains from the Simpson's) used for curtains or a table cloth. Read more about our project at Cont'd.

No comments: