Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 106 to 124... a big catch up and a confession..

So you may have noticed a huge absence of photos, and you'd be right in assuming I've fallen off the rails with my project.

Someone said to me when I first started this project 'what do you get.. is there a prize..' and which I replied 'No... nothing, its a personal challenge...a creative challenge'.

I had a week away..a week off from the norm...off work.. away from home.. and somewhere in there I took a week or so off from taking pics. Although as you'll see below, not completely.

I made a decision to not throw away the whole project, as I would be more disappointed in myself if I did that.


So I gathered up some work, 18 images to be exact, to help the catch up and to fill in the gaps. It is all work that has been taken or created in my time off, they fall into 3 groups of 6, with a theme each. I didn't even try and match days, I have left that blank.

Group #1 - something a bit different as I didn't have 18 shots I could use.. instead I've created these works entirely from scratch, using my photos to create 'brushes' in photoshop. Sort of like a stamp, I guess. Good fun.

















Group #2 - Family fun day.. images from hanging out at an indoor play centre with my parents, my two brothers, and my niece and nephew... and my son and hubby while away.






Something abstract thrown in..



Below is my son with my niece and nephew, and I'm very proud of this shot, we've tried for ages (how old is Bain.. 3 1/2 years..) to get this shot.



Above.. was actually taken at my bros 30th b'day... love Bain in this shirt.

Group #3 - When nothing inspires.. I look to the skies..
The changing weather and my changing backyard is something I really enjoy photographing, sorry if it gets boring for you the viewer. And the special thing about the sky, is that unless you grab your camera and run, you may miss out. The blue/pink sky below vanished as I was taking the shots.














1 comment:

Jess Gruar said...

I'm glade you didn't give up on the project, I really enjoy checking out your photos in project 365.